|Category||before taxes||VAT 22% included|
|JUN (Junior researchers)
Graduate students and postdocs
|850 € + VAT||1037 €|
Researchers from academic and other non-profit institutions
|1150 € + VAT||1403 €|
Researchers from the commercial sector
|2000 € + VAT||2440 €|
The course fees include participation in the lectures, the computer tutorials and all other course events: coffee breaks, buffet lunch (Monday to Friday), Wednesday’s social programme and dinner, course material.
Places are awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis. In the last years, the course was sold out. We aim to finalize registration by 15 May 2018.
The SOUND project is sponsoring 5 bursaries to attend this course. Preference will be given to junior students / researchers and participants from less wealthy countries/regions. The bursaries cover registration fee and travel costs, as well as accommodation costs for the duration of the course only. Registration fees, accommodation and travel will be booked by the organisers and no money will be transferred to the participants, who have been awarded a bursary.
In order to apply for a bursary, please send an e-mail to Simone Bell, simone.bell(at)embl.de, with the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages), including information about up to 5 publications of choice (either published papers or pre-prints) that support your bursary; up to 5 published software packages (in any language); description of your experience with programming/scripting and with R in particular.
2. Motivation letter explaining why you are applying for this bursary, why this course is relevant and how the course will help you in your research and career (maximum 1 page).
3. Reference letter from a a senior co-worker or supervisor (maximum 1 page).
The documents should be submitted as one single PDF with maximum four pages in total. Please save the file under your first and last name.
Deadline for applications for the bursaries only: 1 April 2018
Notification about the award of bursaries: 30 April 2018
In order to register, each participant needs to fill in the form below and complete the payment. Please include your contact email and name. Cumulative payments can be placed in case of more than one participant belonging to the same category.
- If you are unsure about the VAT, please check the section “Should I pay VAT?” below or ask us at email@example.com.
- If you are unsure about which category you belong to, if you need to pay by money transfer, if you need an invoice for your institution, or for any other need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration, on-site logistics and other local assistance will be handled by VOICES from the Blogs, a Spinoff Company of the University of Milan.
NOTE: If you pay through PayPal from your personal bank account you must pay the 22% additional VAT. If your institution is European and pays directly through PayPal or money transfer the registration is VAT exempt. For other information about VAT please go the “Should I pay the VAT” section.
If you are uncertain about the payment, please contact us at email@example.com and we will guide you through registration.
Cancellation and Refund policy:
Cancellation of registration must be submitted in writing or via email and is valid only with acknowledgement of receipt by VOICES.
Cancellation fees are dependent on the notice given:
- If cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the start of the event, the cancellation fee is 100% of the registration fee.
- If cancellation occurs between 14 days and 1 month prior to the start of the event, the cancellation fee is 50% of the registration fee.
- Earlier than 1 month, a cancellation fee of EUR 70 will be charged.
- If payment has been made by the payment deadline of the event and a visa is not awarded in time to travel to the event, the full registration fee will be reimbursed. Evidence about the visa application will be requested
All applicable refunds will be issued following the close of the event. A refund will be returned via bank transfer.
If the CSAMA course is cancelled, VOICES is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, or other costs incurred by participants.
Speakers and programme agenda are subject to change.
Should I pay VAT?
Due to Italian regulation (DPR 663/72 art.7) and EU fiscal regulations, the total cost for the participant attending this course has to include VAT (IVA in italian) of 22%. This rule applies to all “entities”: profit and non-profit companies and/or institutions and citizens even when special fiscal treatments exist in the original country of the “entity” unless your company or institution is registered into the VIES system.
Please notice: if you pay on behalf of your organization as a private citizen, i.e. from your personal bank account, then you have to add VAT anyway even if your organization is registered into the VIES system (as VAT is calculated for the actual “payer/buyer”). In this case it is better to ask us before paying.
To know about your VIES status, please follow the steps below:
To check your VIES status, follow these steps:
- Ask your administration for the VAT number
- Go to this web page: http://www1.agenziaentrate.gov.it/servizi/vies/vies.htm
- Select your country from the menu and press the button “cambia” (see image)
- Put the VAT number (without the country code) and press the button “invia”
- Email the output of the above screen along with your complete data to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to invoice your company/institution