Bioconductor Developer Meeting Europe - 17.-18. 11. 2010
This meeting is aimed at
and at users who want to become package developers.
The goal of the meeting is exchange of technical experiences and new developments, and the coordination of
Click here for the programme.
- New developments in Bioconductor core packages and infrastructure
- R graphics and data visualisation
- Quality assessment and statistics for this-generation sequencing
- Reproducible research in practice
- Flashlight talks: proteomics, RNA-Seq, DNA variation, statistical models, HT phenotype assays.
The talks, contributed by all participants, will describe their scientific use cases,
application experiences and new method developments.
Location and Time
Wednesday 17. November 2010, 9.00h
until Thursday 18. November, 18.00h
Note: from Saturday 13. to Tuesday 16. November, the
EMBO Conference From Functional Genomics to Systems Biology takes place
at EMBL Heidelberg.
ENFIN: an EC FP6 Network of Excellence committed to provide a Europe-wide integration of computational approaches in systems biology
CancerPathways: an EU consortium to identify novel targets and drugs for cancer treatment
Novartis Molecular Diagnostics
Accommodation, travel, local transport
Participants are encouraged to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Please see here for travel information.
Boxberg village: (suburb on the hill, dull but green and quiet)
ISG (refer to "Bioconductor workshop" for preferential rates)
Historic downtown area:
New downtown area: (1 km walk from historic centre, but better for public transport)
- From new downtown (South side of Bismarckplatz) to EMBL, take bus #19 ("Schnellbus F/K") at 8.33, it arrives at EMBL at 8.48.
- From EMBL to downtown, take bus #19 at 18.11 (arrives 18.27)
- From ISG to EMBL, please ask for the hotel's shuttle bus. If you are adventurous, you can also walk 1.5 km on a nice path through the forest.
For questions, please contact